|Смотрите также связанные темы|
25.04.2011 Top 5 Planet V12N blog posts for week 16
Top 5 Planet V12N blog posts for week 16 Sorry the Top 5 is a little late this week, I was able to slip away for a few days and visit my new(er)born nephew in Philadelphia, PA. Anyways, here we go! Joshua Townsend - Storage Basics – Part VIII – The Difference in Consumer vs. Enterprise Class Disks and Storage Arrays; or ‘Why is the SAN you are proposing so darn expensive?’ - As both an IT Manager and storage & virtualization consultant, I have shepherded SMB’s through SAN purchases in support of VMware environments. This may not hold true for the bigger IT shops, but as I ta...
07.05.2008 x11/libxcb - 1.1
Update to 1.1:
"This release requires xcb-proto 1.1, due to the addition of the
extension-multiword attribute to the XML schema.
* Print a backtrace, if possible, on locking assertion failures.
* Skip abort() on locking assertions if LIBXCB_ALLOW_SLOPPY_LOCK is set.
* xcb_poll_for_event: Return already-read events before reading again.
* Output a configuration summary at the end of ./configure.
* Don't hold the xlib-xcb lock while sleeping: that allows deadlock.
* Allow unix:<screen> style display names again.
* Bug #9119: test xcb_popcount
* Fix unit test...
28.02.2008 sysutils/dt - 15.14
- switch to my @FreeBSD.org address
- mirror the distfile on a second server (the vendor site now caries a WIP
Prompted by: ponty via erwin@
06.03.2008 print/lilypond - 2.2.2_5
Mark BROKEN with guile-1.8. There is a substantially new version out which
looks like it should work on FreeBSD, but I am not a lilypond user, so
I leave that to an interested party to update and test.
06.03.2008 x11-servers/xorg-server - 1.4_5,1
- Check correct POSIX spec. date for clock_gettime(2) whether
CLOCK_MONOTONIC is available.
- If FreeBSD-specific CLOCK_MONOTONIC_FAST is available, use it
instead of precise but slow gettimeofday(2) or CLOCK_MONOTONIC.
Reviewed by: stable, x11
07.03.2008 games/linux-ut - 436,1
- Added support(*) for other UT99 CD's such as the Anthology CD. This
also added the WITHOUT_MAPS option.
- Reverted the default patch installed from v451 to v436 hence the
PORTEPOCH. Patch v451 has some issues with the client (some keyboard
mappings) but is recommended for the server. The are both network
compatible. If v451 is desired for running a server, WITH_451PATCH may
- Change my E-mail from email@example.com to scf@FreeBSD.org.
* Thanks go to Martin Tournoij who wrote the Anthology patch as well as
all the testing he did on the tweaks I made.
09.03.2008 print/kde_poster - 1.0
Add the KDE version of the poster utility.
With this port, FreeBSD users should be able to print posters
from KDE print dialogs.
09.03.2008 databases/postgresql83-server - 8.3.0_1
The ICU patch <http://people.freebsd.org/~girgen/postgresql-icu/README.html>
is finally ported to postgresql-8.3, thanks to Petr Jelinek and yours truly.
11.03.2008 Производительность BIND'а в разных ОС
Gentoo Linux показал наибольшую производительность в тестировании ISC сервера BIND версии 9.4.1-P1. Top10: Linux Gentoo 184.108.40.206 Linux Fedora Core 220.127.116.11 FreeBSD-7-CURRENT 200708 FreeBSD-6-stable 200708 FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE Solaris-10 DevelExpr 5/07 NetBSD-4.0-Beta 200708 OpenBSD 4.1-snap-20070427 Windows 2003 Server Windows XP Pro64 5.2.3790 SP2
07.04.2008 Jason Kasper (vanRijn): I Am More Geek Than You
Old Geek Receipt! Originally uploaded by HP C5180 all-in-one printer/scanner/copier dealie. It’s a sweet little device, I must admit. Very Linux-friendly, comes network-ready, and now all of our computers at home can scan and print via network, out of the box. So, said new scanner has enabled me to pull some of my geekly receipts of yesteryear and scan them in, thereby throwing the gauntlet down for this year’s “You Can’t Be Geekier Than Me” competition. As one item of proof, I offer this receipt from 1996, wherein yours truly laid down $279.07 for a state of th...